Monday, October 6, 2008

HAIR TODAY...GONE TOMORROW

The worst imaginable thing that can happen to any woman, happened to me this weekend. My hair started to fall out. FALL OUT!!!!! I know this may sound really shallow, but hear me out. A few months ago, I cut my hair into a short hair cut. I was trying to do something completely new to myself. I needed change in my life and detachment from who I was before. What better way to do something drastic....then to cut off all your hair. I got a lot of compliments on my the new look. But I was not really satisfied with my look. I tried to get my hair platinum blonde about a month ago, but that it came out yellow. So I waited about 2 weeks and I dyed my hair back to black. But I left a streak of blonde which I try to dye blue. Well it didn't turn blue, it turned green, so I immediately went to my hair dresser so could fix it and that was about 2 1/2 weeks ago. This Saturday, I decided that it would be a good idea to "relax" my hair because my hair was too thick for my liking. So I relaxed my hair. I left in for about 7 minutes. When I washed it out, all of this hair was coming out in the sink. Each time I ran my fingers through my hair, more and more hair came out. I began to panic inside. I didn't know what to do, my hair wouldn't stop falling out. I called my mother, she told me to put conditioner in it and come straight home so I could go to the salon in the morning. When I went to the salon the next day, my stylist reprimanded me for trying to do "at home salon treatment". So now I have this really short hair cut and you see alot of my face. I'm kind of self conscious, and six months ago long hair was my thing. So I am trying to adjust.....
But I got text today from this guy who I'm sort of very secretly talking to...
him: "You're SOOOOO sexy, and I just wanted to let you know that"

And that made my day.

No comments: