Saturday, January 10, 2009

Easy Does It

The other night I had a conversation with a new friend of mine. This conversation has stuck in my head and me thinking alot about myself, my friends and all of the people that I have yet to meet. We were discussing this past year and he brought up the topic of romantic relationships that he had this year. He stated that he dated about ten females none of which really worked out and the age range was rather broad. It was from 18 -36 which seems more like some sort of statistical bracket then a dating range that this 27 yr old man would have.
The 18 year old that he dated intrigued me the most. Especially because of a theory of my own that I have "Older man like younger females". I told my friend my theory and jokingly he replied "I do like younger females, but not on a Hugh Hefner status". But there is always truth behind a joke. He then explained to me that out of the ten mini relationships he had that the one he shared with the 18 year old was the best and the one with the 36 year old one was the worst. And the scale of greatness to wackness depleted as the women got older. He said that he enjoyed Miss Barely Legal because she was simple, eager to learn about life, fun, energetic and did not have baggage. The only real reason why he is still not with her is because his life and work got real busy and sort chaotic therefore he did not have time for a relationship. Although, I believe that there is more to that story. But anyway, the 36 year old he explained was pretentious, rude, complicated and had too way too much baggage more than anyone should be carrying.
My friend like alot of men, prefer the simple girls versus us not as pliable women. Pliable because complicated is not the term that best describes myself or most of my female friends. We are young women who are intelligent, strong, beautiful and confident. That does not mean that we will argue or challenge every and anything that man says to us, just that we will not sit back and compromise ourselves for anyone else.

No comments: