Saturday, December 13, 2008

Girl lost


Throughout college I have made friendships that I hope will last way beyond these college days. I made one friend in particular the first week of school freshman year, Bianca. Bianca and I hit off from the start, she was the Cuban free spirited budhist wild child from the Bronx. She was so different and unique. Keeping up with her studies was hard for Bianca, it wasn't because she lacked intelligence but she lacked discipline (like many of us). So the end of our sophomore year, Bianca decided that she wouldnt come back to school because she was waisting time and money. Even though, she didn't have any help from family, she was bright eyed and hopeful that she could survive on her own. She did the next several months. She had got a job that paid pretty decent and she has her own apartment. Bianca was duing alright for herself. A couple of months after that, she told me that she met this guy at a show that she was backup dancing for.


***Flash Forward*** That guy moved in with her and his best friend, she quit that job, she got evicted for not being able to pay the rent, and he introduced her to heavy drugs. I got a phone call from her last night and she wanted me to come "party" with them and she is 5 months pregnant. I am so scared for her. A good friend of mine explained to me that she is grown and she makes her own decisions and there is nothing that I can do. I know this. But when you love someone, even in friendships, your mind doesn't always agree with your heart. I just want to take her in my arms and save her. But I can't.... these are the times I wish I was superhuman.

No comments: